Nowadays, people are becoming more conscious about their appearance and smile. They are looking for alternative methods to get desired aesthetic appearance. Among all the cosmetic dental treatments, Dental Jewellery is ideal for people who want a dazzling smile. The advantage is that it is temporary, painless procedure and does not involve any invasive treatment on the tooth like drilling holes.
Types of Dental Jewellery
Tooth gems are crystals glass built on a thin foil of aluminum to create the attractive spark available in various colors. Skyce are clear and sapphire is white and blue crystals.
Brilliance tooth jewelry is available in 3 colors: crystal clear, sapphire blue, ruby red. Rainbow crystals are least expensive in tooth Jewellery. Twinkles are pure gold and precious stones like diamonds, rubies, and sapphires are available in various shapes like star, diamond, triangle, drop and round shapes.
Dental Jewellery procedure
- Tooth is cleaned with a fluoride-free polishing paste
- Tooth is etched with 37% orthophosphoric acid for around 20-30 sec to improve the surface area for bonding
- Rinse surface with water and blow dry for 10 seconds
- Then, a light-curing bonding agent is applied and left for maximum 20 seconds and distribute bonding through air blowing
- Light-cure for 20 seconds
- Apply a small amount of flow composite to surface of the tooth
- Pick he jewel and press it into the center of the composite
- Adjust the jewel while making the patient check the desired positioning in the mirror
- Take the light-curing lamp and cure the composite from the top for around 1 minute. Light cure from the sides for a few seconds and cure the composite from the back of the tooth for another 1 minute. Make sure the composite hardens evenly. Total curing time is around 180 seconds
- Setting the jewel into the composite takes 20 seconds. Do not touch the jewel with fingers once it is removed from the case. Avoid skin contact with the special coating on the backside of the jewel
- Jewel can be affixed safely within 4 minutes
If you are interested to know more about Dental Jewellery procedure, reach Vijay Dental, the best dental hospital in Hyderabad. We provide the superior quality treatment for any dental problems